Have you heard of the brand Lime Crime? It's a brand I have only heard of in the last few months, what's really intrigued me is the unusual color selection they have available. My friend Lisa & I have been stalking them on Instagram checking out the beautiful & strange color selection. Lime Crime is a cruelty free company! I love knowing the makeup I'm wearing wasn't tested in a bunny.
The product that interested me most was their Velvetines line, which is describe on the Lime Crime website like this:
"Ground-breaking formula that goes on liquid and dries completely matte. Touch-proof, transfer-proof, long-wearing and utterly addictive!"
Touch-proof? Transfer-proof? Long-wearing? I couldn't help but be curious. I love matte lipstick especially when I want to make a statement. The hardest part of this whole process was for Lisa & I to pick colors. In the end I brought two Velvetines Wicked & the latest edition to their collection Utopia. Lisa picked up Wicked & one of Lime Crimes opaque lipsticks Babette.
It feels like we waited forever but they finally came in:
I love Wicked! This color was made for a woman who loves a bold lip. I have been stopped by someone on the street every time I wear this lipstick to ask me questions about it. Wicked is a deep wine burgundy color. It looks like your wearing a pinot nor on you're lips. I have been able to wear this color 8 to 10 hours without having to reapply if I am wearing it alone. When I use it with a lip balm or lip gloss over I can get 5 to 6 hours of wear. I have had full on make out sessions wearing this baby without much smudging.
- Opaque coverage in one swipe.
- Thin-medium consistency.
- Very delicate sent
- Small amount needed to obtain full opacity..therefore one tube will last awhile.
- Paraben and mineral oil free.
- Amazing matte finish appears within 20-30 seconds of application.
- Removal is easily achieved with any oil or makeup remover.
- Directions for usage are included beneath the ingredient list on the back of the box.
The Worst of Lime Crime Velvetine:
- The formula is very dry
- I can not wear this without a lip primer & later a lip gloss over
- Any thing that contain any natural oils or mineral oil will break down the stain.
- Slight tacky texture when it sets.
- some color transfer on cups.
- Adding a new layer over an existing layer will result in patchiness and very dry lips.
Stay Kinky, Stay Curly, Stay You.