On this Lippie Wednesday I have a question for you Kinks... Is there a office appropriate red lipstick?
This question tends to get mixed responses in my book. Some woman believe that red lipstick should be saved for date night with the boo or living it up on girls night. Other woman say screw it, I'll where what I want when I want throwing all caution to the wind. Personally I think its all about balance bold lip neutral eyes or a statement look with a pretty nude lipstick or lip gloss.
I am not a person who shy's away from makeup especially a bold look at me color that turns heads. Red lipstick is like a good pair of heels, it will either make you feel sexy or you'll wobble your way down the street. Take the first time I wore MAC's Viva Glam one I felt as glamorous as Coco Chanel herself. What I am saying here is that a red lipstick can be worn anytime if your confident enough to OWN IT!
Confidence is key with all makeup, you shouldn't be trying to hide you beauty but bring it to life.
- Know what looks good on you. There is no perfect red for every single person of every skin tone go for what brightens up your face, makes you look radiant and just a bit fresher.
- Please don't pile on the makeup. Caked on makeup & a bold red lip tend to make you look older. When I am wearing red I try to go more casual every where else. I love to reach for my Urban Decay Naked 3 palette when I am wearing my reds.
- Just because its red doesn't mean you have to go fully opaque. Honestly there are about 100 types of lipsticks out there keep your options open. Think about finishes when creating your look matte, satin, stain, shimmer gloss, tints, glazes. Each finish can really change the statement of your look.
- Just because you are wearing red does not mean it has to be over sexed. Woman forget what a red lipstick can do for your face its a quick illumination trick brightening your eyes & making you appear youthful.
- Be confident in your choice to put on red lipstick or any makeup for that matter.
Stay Kinky, Stay Curly, Stay You.