Taking a break from my normal makeup reviews and talk about my newest favorite skin care item, St. Ives Blackhead Clearing Scrub. I grew up on the good old fashion St. Ives Apricot Scrub so I was super excited to see that they were introducing new line of skin care products.
I was super excited to see that St. Ives came up with a oil free, paraben free and sulfate free skin care product. You read that right Kinks our beloved drug store brand St. Ives came up with this. This product isn't 100% natural for those Kinks who look for all natural products.
- 100% Naturally Derived Exfoliants
- Paraben Free
- Oil Free
- Dermatologist Tested
Green Tea, Olive Oil and Olive Leaf Extract, Silica (san
I feel like I will finish this product quickly because I use it 3 times a week all over my face. If your looking for instant results this isn't the product for you, it took me about two weeks for me to see results. As much as I love my original St. Ives Scrub I actually prefer this scrub because it is a lot less abrasive.
- This scrub is mild, with a grainy texture, which is less abrasive than other scrubs in my opinion
- It contains green tea, olive oil to treat blemishes and blackheads
- Works wonders on newer blackheads & white heads
- Prevents future zits
- Gentle enough for sensitive skin
- Does not dry out the skin
- Works well with none St. Ives products
- A paraben free, oil free and sulfate free scrub which will suit even most sensitive skin types.
- Not a huge help for stubborn blackheads.
- Shows results after 2-3 weeks.
- Contains chemicals
My biggest draw back with St. Ives Blackhead Clearing Scrub is that it is very mild, so if you have problematic skin this might not be right for you. If you are looking for a scrub that can be used on a daily bases in addition to your regular skin care routine this is a wonderful product. What are your favorite St. Ives products Kinks?
As for my rating this product gets 3 Kinks because you have to wait so long to see the results they claim. I feel like so much of the scrub is used up before you see the changes to you skin. If there was a way to get results sooner or with less product this would be a 4 Kink.