I don't say it out loud often but I love to wear fake buns & donuts. I love the way my hair looks when its curly & out but when I wear my hair in a ponytail... Well not so much. I love my hair but since the big chop I just don't have enough hair for a full bun.
One of my first hair secrets I would like to share with you is called the donut. With this I can make my hair look some what fuller & I appear to have a almost perfect ballerina bun made with my own hair.
Here are some simple steps to using the hair donut in your own hair:
- First pull your hair back into a ponytail where ever you desire your bun to be.
- Pull the ponytail through the hole in your donut. The donut form, should be at the base of the ponytail against your head.
- Lean forward and spread your ponytail evenly around the donut.
- Hold the bun in place and stretch an elastic hair band around the donut to secure the hair.
- Take your excess hair & tuck it in using bobby pins.
- First pull your hair back into a ponytail & make it as small as you can.
- Slip hair comb into your hair so that the bun now covers your own hair. At this point the Big Apple bun should flap on the opposite side
- Secure bun to head with bobby pins.
- I usually at this point take a ribbon or sash & wrap it around the bun to decorate.
I can't seem to find the Big Apple hair bun online but you can check your local beauty supply stores.
Tell me Kinks what are your grab & go hair tips?
Stay Kinky, Stay Curly, Stay You